Recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets and Specialist Officers into the Kenya Defence Forces july 2012
Republic of Kenya
Office of the President
Ministry of State for Defence
Advertisement for the Recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets and Specialist Officers into the Kenya Defence Forces
The KDF is pleased to announce to the general public that there will be a recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets and Specialist Officers.
Prospective candidates wishing to apply must possess the following relevant requirements.
a. Must be Kenyan citizens.
b. Age: Between 18 and 26 years old for GSO Cadets and upto 29 years for Specialist Officers.
c. Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards.
d. Have no criminal record.
e. Minimum Height: 5 ft 3 in. (5’3”).
f. Minimum Weight:
(1) Men – 54.55 Kg (120 lb)
2) Women – 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
g. Women candidates must NOT be pregnant at recruitment and during training.
(1) General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets
A minimum of mean grade B (Plain) in KCSE upto degree level with minimum subject grade of C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and in any one of the Pure Sciences (Physics, Chemistry or Biology).Those aspiring to join KDF as GSO Cadets should note that the initial training period will cover three continuous years leading to a BSC in Military Science on successful completion.
(2) Specialist Officers
A minimum of mean grade C+ (Plus) in KCSE and an undergraduate degree from a recognised University/Institution.
Must be registered with the relevant statutory body, where applicable.
(a) Experience: Minimum of two (2) years’ working experience for Specialist Officers.
a. General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets
b. Specialist Officers
(1) Medical Officers: Must have a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBCh.B) degree and be registered with the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (MPDB).
(2) Veterinary Officers: Must have a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine degree and be registered with the Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB).
(3) Telecommunication Engineers:
Must have a BSc. in Telecommunication Engineering degree.
(4) Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers: Must have a BSc. in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering be registered with the Engineers Registration Board (ERB).
(5) Telecommunication and Information Engineers: Must have a BSc. in Telecommunication and Information
(6) Software Developers/Computer Technologists: Must have a BSc. in Computer Science or BSc. in Information Technology or Bachelor of Computer Technology (BCT) or Software Engineering or Computer Engineering degree.
(7) GIS Specialists: Must have a BSc. in Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing degree.
(8) Communication Skills: Must have a BSc. in Mass Communication and Media Studies degree.
(9) Meteorologists: Must have a BSc. in Meteorology degree.
3. The initial military training for Specialist Officers will take four months.
4. Clear photocopies of genuine and relevant academic certificates and national ID card must be attached to the application and be addressed to the:
Assistant Chief of the Defence Forces
(Personnel and Logistics)
Ministry of State for Defence
P.O. Box 40668
Nairobi – 00100
so as to reach him on or before 22nd July 2012.
5. Candidates who will be shortlisted for GSO Cadets / Specialist Officers shall be notified through the print media between 1st Sep – 9th Sep 2012.